Monday, 13 December 2010
I got this lovely award from Donna over at Creative Designs....thank you hunni, I really appreciate it!!
Now the rules of this award: I have to state 8 things about myself then pass it on to 4 bloggers, letting them know that they have got this award too...so here goes!
8 things about me:
1. I am petrified of spiders, huge ones leave me hyperventilating in a corner lol.
2. I love vampire films...and my all time fave vampire is Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer!
3. I am a big rock music fan and love bands like Linkin Park, Korn, Metallica and more!
4. I love baking....cookies are my fave thing to make and always go very quickly!
5. I have tried quite a few crafts like cross stitch and jewellery making...but think I'm best at card making lol.
6. I used to live in Italy when I was a kid, and was born in Malta...my dad was in the RAF.
7. Scotland is my spiritual home....especially the Highlands!
8. My house is haunted....we've all seen our "residents" too....they seem friendly :)
Now I'm passing this to:
This week is the final challenge for the year over at Pear Tree Designs...what a lot of fun we've had this year!! This week's sponsor is One Stop Card Crafts, so pop on over and join in!
It's a Christmas theme this week, so I decided to go with a Stampin Up reindeer stamp which I love! I stamped it using a Distress ink and added a little glitter to the antlers. I used papers from my fave Papermania pad and followed a PTD sketch from a few weeks ago, as I love the layout. The ribbon is from my stash and the snowflakes were cut with Marianne dies. The greeting is a Lili of the Valley one.
Thanks for looking!
Monday, 6 December 2010
This week's theme over at Pear Tree Designs is Winter Wonderland and this week's sponsor is the Character Cafe, with a second prize of a crafty goodie bag... so pop over with your Xmas cards!!
I decided to use one of my favourite Little Claire stamps...I think it works so well for Christmas & winter birthday cards! I coloured her in with my promarkers and added some glitter to the hood and trim on her coat. The backing paper is from last year's Daisy & Dandelion pad, and I matted it onto dark blue card. I embossed a panel of white card with my snowflake folder and added a little extra sparkle to it with Spray & Sparkle....doesn't show in the photo though grrrr.
I finished the card with with some die cut snowflakes, gems, a chipboard greeting, and a couple of pearls in the corners.
Thanks for looking