Saturday 24 July 2010

Birthday card for my lovely mum


It was my mum's birthday today, so I'd made this card earlier in the week and can now show it lol.

I had this lovely fairy stamp from Lili of the Valley to play with so I stamped her up and coloured her in with my trusty promarkers. I used some papers from a Forever Friends pad and layered onto pink cardstock. I used my Martha Stewart punch for the lacy border and made a bow with some ribbon from my stash. I added glitter to the fairy's wings & skirt for extra sparkle. I added a punched butterfly also glittered and the roses are from my stash. I printed the greeting out on the pc and die cut with my Nesties.

I am entering this card into a few challenges: Craftilicious whose theme is Birthdays, Pollycraft Monday Challenge whose theme was also Happy Birthday, and My Time to Craft who wanted Checks this week!

Thanks for looking!

Hugs
Susie xx

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sue xx

    Hugs
    Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's gorgeous - your mum's very lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww this is absolutely gorgeous!! I made a dt card today with this exact image but it's for August 1st only, isn't she just a dream to colour? I also used the lilac colours hehe. Sooo luv Lily of the Valley stamps! Lotsa luv xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card i love this image its one of my favs, i'm sure your mum will love it. Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty,your colouring is great-especially the leaves,lovely effect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! Thanks so much for joining us for the Pollycraft Challenge!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them!
    Carol, I loved colouring this fairy and I can see me using her over and over again!

    Hugs
    Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my favourite fairy stamp, I just love this card & love the card you've made with her

    Thanks for joining in our challenge at Craftalicious & best of luck

    Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there, love your card, one of my fav images, lovely colours too. hugs Heidi xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Jan & Heidi xxx

    Hugs
    Susie xxx

    ReplyDelete