Friday 23 July 2010

Wallet card for my best friend


It was my best friend's birthday today and I had an idea of making a wallet card for her to hold some stamped images....it turned out to be easier than I'd thought!

I used some backing papers from the free My Minds Eye paper pad from Cardmaking & Papercraft mag...love these!! The image is Thomas with flowers from Lili of the Valley, coloured in with my promarkers. I added some ribbon with a punched lacy border and embellished with Stickles,some gems & some flowers from my stash. The sentiment is a Lili of the Valley one too.

I followed the sketch at Pear Tree Designs for this week's challenge Sketch with a Twist...ribbon being the twist, I used 2 lots...one on the border and one to tie the card together! It also fits this week's challenge at Cupcake Crafts which is Cats and Dogs....I'm hoping Thomas fits this perfectly!

Thanks for looking

Hugs
Susie xx

14 comments:

  1. It's lovely - your friend is very lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Susie.Fab project and lucky friend.Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Susie,
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute wallet card. what a great idea! good luck and thanks for joining us at PTD. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card, I love the colours. Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww, so sweet, thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a sweet card Susie ! I love the image - isn't this little cat cute ? - and the lovely paper you have chosen. Love the punched border too... Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week and good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Catherine...yes I love this little cat! xx

    Hugs
    Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susie, wow what a beutiful card, love that image! Thanks for joining us over at Pear Tree Designs this week, good luck! hugs Heidi xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Heidi!

    Hugs
    Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card.

    Thanks for joining us over at Pear Tree Designs Challenge Blog.

    Good luck.

    Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Lou xx

    Hugs
    Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh your best friend is one lucky girl! This is fab! Thanks for playing at Cupcake with us. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Faye xx

    Hugs
    Susie xxx

    ReplyDelete