Saturday 14 August 2010

Birthday card for my daughter...from my mum!


My mum asked me to make a birthday card for my eldest who's 11 this Thursday (OMG already...she's growing up way too fast!)....so I chose Kiki with cupcakes from Pollycraft and made another easel card.

I coloured Kiki in with promarkers, and added some stickles to the cake's icing. The spotty paper is from Wild Rose Studio's Polka Dot pack, not sure which pad the check one came from though!! I matted with white card and drew some faux stitches around the image. The ribbons and gems are from my stash, and the MS punch came out to play again for the border. The sentiment stamp is a Lili of the Valley stamp.

I am entering this into a few challenges too: Crafty Cardmakers whose theme is Birthdays, Crafty Catz whose theme is animals (hoping a bear counts??), and Ooh La La whose theme is Spots & Dots!

Thanks for looking

Hugs
Susie xx

16 comments:

  1. Lovely card Susie, super cute image, love the colours and papers too.
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kelly xx

    Hugs
    Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card and such lovely soft pastel colours plus it's my fav shaped card at the moment thankyou for joining us on this week’s challenge at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susie
    A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Wendi & Dianne xxx

    Hugs
    Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and a really cute image! Love the colours you've used.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaah adorable and cute, Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Helen & Carol xx

    Hugs
    Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card - so pretty! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for your lovely comments xx

    Hugs
    Susie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty card. Isn't it great when someone asks us to make a card we would have adored to make anyway. I do hope your eldest loves this one.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers in our Birthday challenge.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Lin, I always feel very honoured to be asked to make cards for people and it is a real boost to my confidence!

    Hugs
    Susie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute card, love the image. Thanks so much for joining in with the Crafty Cardmakers birthday challenge.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Jenni xx

    Hugs
    Susie xx

    ReplyDelete