Saturday 14 August 2010

My daughter's birthday card...take 2!!


Here's the second attempt at a birthday card for my eldest...she saw the last one I made for her, but as it happens, I like this one more anyway!!

I used this lovely Sugar Nellie image which reminded me a lot of her, she loves to bake, always ahs done..and I coloured her to match some My Minds Eye papers, which I love!! I used some Bazzill cardstock for matting & layering and used my Nesties to cut the image & mount into ovals.
The buttons,gems, and thread are from my stash, and the lace trim is my MS punch. The sentiment is a computer printed one cut into a label shape.

I used the sketch at Moving Along with the Times, rotating it slightly to put the buttons at the left. This card also fits the challenges at Charisma Cardz which is Easel this week, and Cupcake Crafts, whose theme is Lace...I'm hoping my lacy trim counts :)

Thanks for looking

Hugs
Susie xx

6 comments:

  1. AH this is lovely, So sweet. Hope your Daughter has a brilliant birthday, Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet easel card - lovely dP's
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
    lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your lovely comments!!

    Thanks Hazel, she is hyper for her birthday, and even more excited that we go on hols 3 days after!!

    Hugs
    Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww its always a pain making cards for those that see everything we make lol
    Gorgeous and I'm sure she will just love it hun
    Thanks for joining us this week at MAWTT
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your lovely comment Shell, I'm sure she'll love it too!

    Hugs
    Susie xx

    ReplyDelete