Wednesday 11 August 2010

Birthday card for my Nephew


I had this card to make for my nephew who's 12 tomorrow..saw this digi at Pollycraft and thought it would be perfect for him.

I used some My Minds Eye paper from the Wild Asparagus pad and used some Bazzill card for matting and layering. The digi was coloured in with promarkers in camouflage colours to tone with the paper...my friend came to my rescue with the green as I didn't have the "right" shade...thanks Paula :) I turned down the corner to show the lovely reverse side of the paper and embellished with a button from my stash. I finished the card by stamping nephew along the bottom with a new Papermania stamp in black ink.

I am entering it into 2 challenges...Pear Tree Designs who have a Male theme this week (and my last card for the challenge before I start creating for their DT!), and the Secret Crafter whose theme is It's a Man's World.

Thanks for looking

Hugs
Susie xx

8 comments:

  1. Reminds me of my Steve! love the colours.
    Congrats on your DT post at Pear Tree,well deserved. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maria, that's such a lovely thing to say! xx

    Hugs
    Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jane xx

    Hugs
    Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. great male themed card. good luck and thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs. can't wait to see your DT card for next weeks challenge.X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Clare...made my DT card today, hope you all like it!! x

    Hugs
    Susie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card, love the image and papers you've used :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Lisa xx

    Hugs
    Susie xx

    ReplyDelete